URL address of your im The Decadent Life: Breaking the Hiatus

Monday, July 7, 2008

Breaking the Hiatus

I promise that there is a very good reason as to why I have not posted in a very long while. About a month ago, the internet at my current residence was turned off, therefore severely interfering with my blogging and browsing abilities. Other than that, I have had quite the busy summer thus far.

I made a trip to Portland, Oregon from the 3rd of July to the 7th for my cousin's wedding. It was an incredible trip, to say the least. I got the chance to visit with some of my most awesome relatives, all while falling in love with the gorgeous city that is Portland.

Back at home, I awaited my 19th birthday. It was a joint celebration with a friend whose birthday occurs two days before mine. The majority of people in attendance I had only met for the first time that night. It was a rather interesting time. We all met at a cool little beach with the intention of putting up a bonfire and dancing the night away. It turned out that there were no available pits, and the beach apparently had a closing time. So, with a caravan of about five full cars, we made our way to another beach. It had all of the makings of a horror flick: partying teenagers, warehouses, and railroad tracks across in a moonlit field. Yet as we crested over the hill, a giant hidden cove came into site; dotted with flames and people, it felt like I was venturing into some sort of top-secret cult meeting. The sudden urge to do a tribal dance around one of the bonfires washed over me like the gentle waves which caressed the shore. It was a perfect time, laughter mingling with the blaring music, the heat of the flames dancing in the cool, salty breeze, and the plastered smiles fixed to everyone's faces. The -- not ten minutes after our arrival --a friendly security officer kicked us out. Wonderful. The night was capped off by crashing a house party, and all ended well.

I am now currently in something of a pickle: I may soon be needing to move out of my grandfather's home. I don't know when, and I don't know how, but it is something that has been looming over my head for the past several days. Next week I am going down to Anaheim for a youth gathering with my church and friends, so it is something to look forward to. Fashion has been the last thing on my mind, but I am going to attempt to get back into the swing of things.

That's all for now, and hopefully there will be plenty of lovely stylishness to come =)



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

1 comment:

Hannah Bee said...

I'm glad you are blogging! I hope you write more soon.