Since it has been a while, I will give you a few more things than usual which are currently tickling my fancy:
1. Soft, summery pictorials. This photo makes want to frolic through a field, pick dandelions, and make wishes. It invokes that epitome-of-summer feeling, and embodies something that I have always held very dearly to my heart. Though the season is in full swing, I haven't taken part in many summery activities. I think it is time to take full advantage of the beautiful weather before it falls away. Excuse me as I proceed to paint a heart across my cheek....
2. Colorful, winged eyeliner, especially shimmery purple cat-eyes such as the one shown above. Purple is currently my go-to color for everything lately. It is a little bit rock star, and much more fun than basic black. Greens and blues have also been prevalent in my make-up routine lately. I always love pops of color used in unexpected ways.
3. Moon River. Undoubtedly a classic, this song -- composed by Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini -- has been playing in my head for the past few weeks. If you have seen Breakfast at Tiffany's, you will know what I am talking about; if not, you need to familiarize yourself immediately. I heard Moon River most recently in an episode of Sex and the City, and for some reason it has caused a strange feeling to well up inside of me. I grow teary eyed, a little sad, and inexplicably nostalgic for something I can't quite place my finger upon...
4. The anticipation of Autumn. Yes, this is completely contradictory to number 1, but as I have mentioned before, Autumn is my favorite season. I want fiery foliage dancing in the cool breeze. I need luxe fabrics to swathe myself in when that first chill hits. I crave the indulgence of the seasonal cuisine, like squash soup, pumpkin sweets, and turkey with cranberry sauce. And more than any other facet of this season, I am most looking forward to Halloween. Always my favorite holiday, it is the ultimate game of dress-up -- and honestly, what aspiring fashionista doesn't love that? I'm sad to say that last year did not turn out so well -- with my failed attempt at channeling Marie Antoinette -- so this time I am planning ahead to make cetain that everything works out perfectly. I know it is strange to start thinking about a holiday which takes place at the end of October when it is still only July, but I am a bit obessive and I seem to enjoy torturing myself with aticipation. What is my costume of choice, you ask? I suppose we will just have to wait and see ;D
5. While we are on the topic of Autumn, I can hardly wait for all of the fabulous clothes to come. You can bet that I will be sporting lacy dresses and thick patterned tights, big boots and long sweaters, and I will be looking out for the perfect long peacoat to top off my cozy ensembles. I think my Fall style will be very dark and a bit more moody than usual this year, with an array of black and deep jewel toned pieces. Slightly gothic and victorian styles have found a place in my heart, which is odd considering my usually bright and pastel hued uniform -- and the fact that there is nary a black piece in my wardrobe. I do suppose I have always harbored an admiration towards the romance of eerie things, only I have only expressed the romantic side of this. Self-reinvention is not something that I partake in, well, ever, so this might explain the inticement toward a style that may be just a tiny bit contradictory to my own.
I'm sure that there are many more things with which I am in love, but that will have to do it for now. I can't use everything up in one post, right?