URL address of your im The Decadent Life: Resort Roundup: Part 1

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Resort Roundup: Part 1

In keeping with the resort theme of my last post, here is what I loved the most out of all of the collections:
Chanel
Chanel had its usual classy elegance. I really enjoyed these three looks, especially the dress in the middle. It is simple, but the flower appliqués add that extra touch. Chanel is always a favorite, and I wouldn't expect anything less.

Christian Dior
Ahh, good old Christian Dior. We can always count on him to put on a show, and that is exactly what he did with this collection. Perhaps the most visually stimulating of the shows, it was filled with vivid colors and presented a very youthful, fun vibe. There was an abundance of ethnic prints and breezy fabrics that I couldn't help but to drool over a bit. It doesn't hurt that the models hair and make-up looked impeccably glamorous.

Oscar de la Renta
Oh, Oscar, I am in heaven. There were far too many favorites to post, so I had to whittle my list down to these lovelies. I adore how the blue gown resembles foaming ocean waves, and the black lace cocktail dress in nothing short of amazing. With its tropical feel and classic elegance, this collection was well-rounded and cohesive . Bravo!

Stella McCartney
Stella McCartney was very natural and effortless, with gorgeously simple frocks and perfectly proportioned layered looks. I usually don't care for neutral tones, but Stella puts them together in such a way that makes my heart melt. A flower in the hair is all you need to complete this easy look.

More favorites to come in Part 2!



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: