URL address of your im The Decadent Life: A Few of My Favorite Things

Monday, June 2, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

As I read through my blog, I realized, with shock and horror, that I have severely veered from the fashion path. While this is not specifically a fashion blog (I like to think it more a of a lifestyle thing), I do want to maintain a certain fashion-centric air to it all.
So, without further a do, here are some of the stylish confections that make my heart give out a little gasp:

I honestly don't have much to say about the clothes in the Miu Miu Fall/Winter 08 show, but the shoes are an entirely different story. 'Favorite' does not even begin to describe what designer Miuccia Prada is to me. She is inspirational and creates the most amazingly whimsical shoes I have ever seen. Both Prada and Miu Miu's Spring collections contained an abundance of fairytale pumps -- with which I am still utterly obsessed -- and this season is no different. I especially adore the pair on the upper right. I can't get over those shimmering ruby, black, and white sequins and the dainty little strap. And just look at that heel! It is chunky and yet completely elegant and graceful at the same time. Who new such a combination could work in such stunning harmony? I suppose it is no secret that I am a sucker for unique shoes. I just love that little extra something that sets these confections apart from the pack. Though it's true some may find them ugly, I can't get enough. Yum!
I love the look of a feminine, colorful, feather butterfly in the hair. You could pop this little guy into a poufy updo for an ethereal feel, or use it to clip the front pieces of your hair to the side for more of a statement. The point is to make it seem as if the butterfly just happened to land on your head and then decided to stay put. I love them in bright colors for a stand-out look, though you could also find glittery versions in a neutral tone to match your hair. You really can't go wrong with these gorgeous, fairy-like creatures!

Though summer has not even begun, I seem to be highly anticipating the months of fall and winter. Colder weather does allow for more creativity to be put into an ensemble, so I suppose that is what I am looking forward to most. I am dreaming of the days when I can pull on a pair of luxurious tights, stomp around in big, knee-high boots, and don an elegant, holiday-party frock. I crave the decadent plaid that was all over Ralph Lauren, the gorgeous full skirts seen at Etro, and the ladylike dresses paired with gloves from Lanvin. Sigh... I really hate to betray the season in which I was born, but how am I supposed to accessorize in this heat? I miss being bundled up, and tights certainly do not pair well with the summer sun. Autumn will be knocking on my door soon enough, and I can bet I will be missing the sunshine when that first winter chill hits me. Here's to never being satisfied! Ha!

This is about it for now, but I have made a vow to keep the content of this site up to par. As much as I know how you all enjoy my poetry (note the sarcasm!), it isn't what I want this blog to be about. Suggestions and comments are always welcome =)

Sometimes we all need to step back and really figure out what it is that we are doing, and what is it that we want to be doing. Life is ever changing, and that will always be reflected in the work that we do. I recently posted about the super-fun How to Wear... contest, by the amazing Gala Darling of iCiNG. Gala's winning picks --which were posted yesterday-- were met with outrage by many of her readers, and what was supposed to be a fun thing turned into criticism about the iCiNG blog in its entirety. Many complained that the content has changed and lost its integrity, but I really think that change is to always be expected. As humans, we grow and change, and of course that is going to come through in whatever it is that we do. I can sympathize with Gala, for the most part, because I think that it is impossible to please everyone all of the time.

I can only do my best here, and I want to keep a certain goal in mind at all times. I go through dry spells when nothing inspires me, and I suppose that is why fashion hasn't been such a big part here in my recent posts. There has been so much going on in my personal life, and it makes it hard to find inspiration because, honestly, I haven't been looking for it. This makes me sad, because my goal is to help the world find inspiration in everything. Also, I do not want to posts just for the sake of it, because the quality of a blog in general will noticeably decrease with uninspired rants. We need to feel passion for what we do, otherwise, what's the point?

It is amazing how such a simple revelation can lead to such deep pondering, not to mention such a monstrously long post! I don't, however, find that to be a bad thing. It is necessary for us to step back from time to time and look at the big picture. If you are feeling overwhelmed with life, talk about it! It's never good to keep stress bottled up inside, and I promise there will always be someone willing to listen. If you feel alone, need advice, or just want to vent, I'm always here. Don't forget it!



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: