URL address of your im The Decadent Life: How To Wear Competition

Saturday, May 17, 2008

How To Wear Competition

Gala is hosting a How To Wear... competition and needless to say I am excited! The premise of the contest is to see who can create the best way to wear a number of trends using the oh-so-wonderful Polyvore. She will be choosing twelve winners who will receive cute little doodads from Gala herself, and who will also be featured on her blog. Yay! I have put together four looks out of the twelve categories, and I must say, I do believe that they are pretty fabulous! See for yourself:

How to Wear...Gladiator Sandals!


How to Wear...Purple!


How to Wear...Waistcoats!


How to Wear...1940's Style!


And more to come!

As you can see, I have created three looks for each trend. I don't believe that there is any one "right" way to wear something, so I just had to throw a few different looks in there. I want to show everyone that you can wear certain trends, no matter what your style is. Take the gladiator sandal look, for example. You can wear a heeled version if you are more of a city chic girl, a tall pair if you are a bit eclectic, and a simple style if you are more girly casual. Don't be afraid of trends! Embrace and tweak them a bit to make it your own. Don't ever think you that can't "pull off" something because it doesn't fit in with your style. If you love something, just do it! I guarantee you will be better off for having tried it out. And who knows? It may just become your "thing"!



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: