URL address of your im The Decadent Life: Wonderful News

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wonderful News

As many know, I am in a super-cool band called The Blue Hour. Well, get ready people, because we have just inducted a new member into our exclusive, music-making machine. Her name is Diamond Floyd (really!) and, though I have yet to officially meet her, I am insanely excited to have her join. She plays guitar, sings, and composes. And hello? Just look at that name! She is made to be a rock star. I am actually considering changing my name to something more fame-worthy! Hehe!

Andrew, Cameron and I had Miss Floyd do an over-the-phone audition a few days ago, and I have got to say, wow! She is incredibly talented and exactly what we need. She knows what she is doing, whereas the rest of us are somewhat amateurs at this point. Our band has been on a slight hiatus because of our many conflicting schedules, but we will be kicking into high gear come summertime. I am still learning to play the piano, but I have to admit that I've been majorly slacking off =/ Andrew has recently written the two of the most amazing songs I have ever seen or heard, and I am very anxious to put his beautiful words to music.

I can't wait to get things together and really start to construct full songs. We have a lot of talent in this band, and I have been so blessed to be a part of it all. I suppose I am most looking forward to the performance aspect. I can only imagine how amazing it is going to be up on that stage, in front of a crowd, getting our message out there. I can hardly contain my excitement, and I know things are only going to get better.

Yay! This is going to be awesome!



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: