URL address of your im The Decadent Life: The Host with the Most

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Host with the Most

I have stated this before, but I will say it again: I am a major book worm. Yesterday I trekked to my home away from home, Barnes & Noble, to pick up a few fun little things. Being the absolute Twihard (die-hard Twilight series fan!) that I am, I was very happy to see that the amazing Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host, was out. I greedily snatched the first copy I could get my hands on, and let me tell you, this book is incredible!

I had learned of The Host long before it's release, and though I adore Stephenie Meyer, I was a bit wary of this new novel. It sounded very sci-fi, which it is, and I just didn't know if i would enjoy it. So, like any smart internet user, I Googled the book and located some reviews. I was very pleased with what I read.

I am now proudly in love with this book. The story is very original, and the characters are superb. It is amazing how emotionally involved I have become! I have been up until the wee hours of the night, unable to tear my eyes away from this masterpiece. I am also very glad that The Host is a bit thicker than most novels. I tend to go through the usual 300 pagers in a single night, so it's nice to get a chance to absorb the information and let what I have read sit with me for a while. I am trying to pace myself and let the story drag on as long as possible, but it's nearly impossible to do since I have been completely transfixed and glued to the pages.

I started writing this post a few days ago, and since then I have read through half of the book. It has only gotten better. I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a little mystery, sci-fi action, and an all around awesome love story. You won't be disappointed!



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: