URL address of your im The Decadent Life: Things I'm Loving

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things I'm Loving

I have encountered many marvelous things in my lifetime, and this world never ceases to amaze me. When I am feeling down, I can always find something to help me regain my faith in this planet and in this existence. I figured it would do some good to share with everyone what little wonders I am currently in love with, so maybe they can brighten some of your not-so-amazing days. I aim to spread the love here, so I hope you enjoy my obsessions as much as I do!


Polyvore- What can I possibly say about this incredible device? It is impossibly addictive, and it is so astonishing to see what people come up with. Whether you are all about piecing together fashionable ensembles or creating a hodgepodge of imaginative madness, this place is sure to satisfy and satiate the hungriest of creative appetites!

Do the Panic by Phantom Planet- This. Song. Is. It. Oh my gosh, I just can't get that bah bah bah out of my head! I love to crank this up, jump around like a madman, and do a little Panic shake. I swear you will not be able to resist going a little bit crazy. It's absurdly catchy and silly and fun fun fun. This song always gets my heart pumping and brings out my inner goofiness =)

Music in General- I have been listening to The Kills nonstop. They have a style all there own, and it's very cool. I am also loving The Hush Sound, as always. There music is so fun and different, with a little bit of ragtime thrown in for good measure. It's just more fun, don't you think? I have discovered that YouTube is the best place to find new music. I especially love the Gossip Girl Music page, which has every song that has ever been played on the show. I have to admit, GG's soundtrack is majorly awesome. Check it out!

Writing Poetry Outside- The world is bursting with inspiration, you just have to get out and find it. I love everything about nature. Ok, maybe not everything (i.e. spiders. Eek!), but I do adore the vast majority of what mother earth has to offer. I am constantly being inspired by the tiniests things: the way a leaf falls from a tree; the sound of the wind blowing through my hair; the faint buzz given off by the wings of a ladybug. There is beauty in everything, and it is up to us to open our eyes. I never feel as beautiful as I do when I am laying in a big, grassy field, gazing into the blue abyss of a sky. It can really make you feel insignificant, like any problem you have is nothing on this grand scale of life. This is really the best feeling I have ever known.

Dressing Up- There is nothing like throwing on a dainty dress and getting dolled up. I love to feel a bit fancy and ladylike, so it is always nice to have a reason to get snazzy. If I had it my way, everyday would be a sophisticated party. I am actually pondering throwing together a little soiree just so that I can have an excuse to wear some killer heels and a pretty frock =) Dress up is the best game that has ever been invented, so go out and play!

Embrace the things that you love. Turn to them in times of doubt. I can assure you that it will wash your blues away. After all, life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

So...shall we dance?



confections&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: