URL address of your im The Decadent Life: The Sound of Music

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Sound of Music

Music is one of the most important and necessary forms of expression in my life. Music can sympathize with you, comfort you, and offer guidance. It also has the ability to intensify every emotion you could possibly feel. Happy songs can fill you with delight, sad songs will fuel depression, and some songs can leave you even more confused than you were before you pressed play. Music is a wonderful, powerful outlet for emotive expression. When I am having a bad day, jotting down a few lyrics always helps to put things into perspective. Reading your own thoughts is a very strange thing, especially if you can't remember why you wrote them down in the first place. Having the ability to convey my feelings through the written word is very important to me. It helps me maintain sanity during some of the crazy moments in life.




I have recently formed a band with a few of my very close friends: Andrew , Cameron, and Evangel. We are called The Blue Hour , and we have had the most amazing experience being in this band together. Sure, we might have a few "creative differences", but I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to share my musical vision with. They have helped me grow not only as an artist, but as a person. They never cease to amaze me, from their kind, loving words of support to their infinite amount of talent. Without them I am incomplete. We are more than just a band; we are a driving force always pushing each other to the creative limit. My friends are my cumulative inspiration and muse, and I couldn't imagine a life without them.

I love you guys!

What kind of music do you like? How does it make you feel? I strongly encourage everyone to make music as often as they see fit, in any way they can. The world is always playing a song just for you, so listen up! I bet, if you stepped outside right now, natures sweet symphony would fill your ears. Open your hearts, sing out loud, and let melodious earth be your own personal playlist. Don't forget to dance and wiggle a bit too!

cupcakes&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: