URL address of your im The Decadent Life: The News

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The News

I simply can't get enough of my precious chick lit. Last night, with tears rolling down my cheeks, I finished Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I don't think I have ever been as emotionally involved with a book as I have been with this one. It was beautifully written and constructed, and I know this story will stay with me for years to come. I was deeply touched and moved, and I couldn't have asked for more from a novel.

I also finished up the new Pretty Little Liars book, Unbelieveable, which was a considerably lighter read than The Host. It was, nevertheless, enjoyable. I picked up the new It Girl novel, Tempted, today, and I am about halfway through. It is pretty delicious so far. Gotta love that chick lit!

On a somber note, the legendary, indescribable Yves Saint Laurent has passed away today at the age of 71. He was one of the most talented, influential, and simply extraordinary designers of this century, and I know we will all mourn his loss. Saint Laurent changed the rules of fashion, creating pantsuits for women and believing that "fashion was not only supposed to make women beautiful, but to reassure them, to give them confidence, to allow them to come to terms with themselves." My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, and to all in the fashion industry. You have deeply touched our lives, M. Saint Laurent, and you will be dearly missed.



confection&kisses,
Stephanie

No comments: